Understanding Mathematics is essential for future opportunities in further education and careers. Students will need to reach certain levels of competency in Mathematics to take Sixth form courses, to be admitted to colleges and universities, and to have a wide variety of career choices.
We aim as a Faculty:
- to provide a broad Mathematical learning experience
- to provide the skills required to succeed in the current higher education and work market
- to promote a positive attitude to mathematics study
- to ensure students have a feeling of success and progression appropriate to their level
- to encourage students to carry on with mathematics post 16 where appropriate
- to play an active role in contributing to cross-curricular themes and improving Literacy, Numeracy, ICT and Key Skills