Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (ASDAN CoPE)
The aims of the qualification are to enable students:
* To develop and demonstrate a range of personal, key and employability skills leading to personal effectiveness.
* To broaden experience and manage learning through the enrichment activities provided by the ASDAN challenges.
* To receive formal recognition and accreditation for the above.
* CoPE Level 1 is allocated 25 points, equivalent to GCSE Grade E/F, CoPE Level 2 is allocated 46 points, equivalent to GCSE Grade B.
Students must complete challenges in six areas, to the appropriate level. The three main strands are:
* Taking responsibility for planning, organizing and evidencing work in a portfolio.
* Develop the skills of working with others, improving own learning and problem solving.
* Develop the skills of planning and carrying out research, discussion and presentation.
How you will be assessed
Students must gain credits by completing challenges and producing a portfolio of evidence. These will be chosen from the following areas:
* Sport and leisure
* Independent living
* The environment
* Vocational preparation
* Health and fitness
* Work Related Learning and Enterprise
* Science and technology
* International links
* Expressive arts
* Beliefs and values
How you will benefit
Students who complete the COPE qualification develop their confidence and personal skills that are required when they leave schools.
How will it help me at Post 16?
CoPE can help with increased student motivation and confidence, allowing them to cope better with the demands of advanced level work.
The skills acquired through CoPE will feed back and enhance student participation in all areas of the curriculum.