Key geographical Themes
Rivers and Coast
* Flood management strategies.
* Coastal strategies.
Population and Settlement
* Population management strategies.
* Settlement development and planning.
* Hazard planning and protection.
* Hazard prediction methods
* Aid and development.
* Managing economic development and environmental conflict.
Sustainable Decision Making Exercise
* Based on pre-released material linked to one of the four key themes.
Controlled Assessment Unit
* Based on field work and issues analysis.
How you will be assessed
* 75% Examination
* 25% Controlled assessment.
How will it help me at Post 16?
This GCSE specification will provide an ideal foundation for successful study on the Edexcel AS and A2 Geography courses. It will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for this relevant, stimulating and interesting A level subject.