This GCSE is studied for 5 hours per fortnight. It consists of two controlled assessments (30% each) and an exam which contains a range of question styles from all areas of the course (40%).
You will learn about
* Family and children
* Food and Health
* Physical Development
* Intellectual Development
* Social and Emotional Development.
Aims of the course
* To develop an understanding of human needs within society
* To have Knowledge of relevant technological and scientific developments
* To develop a critical approach to decision making
* To examine issues that affect the quality of human life
Where might it lead me?
* A level Health and Social Care.
* BTEC Diploma in Childrens care learning and development.
In selecting this course, you may find it useful to build a bank of resources such as articles from newspapers and magazine and the development of children.