Click here to meet your teacher:
Over the A Level course, you will explore:
– The linguistic frameworks that writers use to create meaning in texts.
– Language variation: including how language is used by different groups, genders, regional dialects and occupational language.
– How children acquire language – from birth to 10 years.
– How language has changed from 1600s to the present day.
– You will also get a chance to do some directed writing in the form of expressing opinions.
– You will also get the opportunity to carry out your own language investigation and complete some original writing (In Year 13).