Click here to meet your teacher:
Overview of the new A level Specifications:
– Underlying principle and key features.
– Specification at a glance for each.
– Summary of content and assessment objectives
A-level papers 1 and 2
– Content summary
– The question papers and question types
A-level non-exam assessment (NEA)
– criteria and assessment
A-level exposes students to:
– key programming paradigm
– advanced data structures
– traversal, search, sort and optimisation algorithms and their efficiency.
– engaging approach to moral, ethical, legal and cultral opportunities and risks from perspective of a computer scientist devising algorithms and writing code.
-opportunities to explore and engage with the changing technology scene: scaling issues, cloud services, big data, cheap programmable devices such as the Raspberry Pi.