Tiger-Tots Pre-school provides childcare between 8.00am and 4.00pm during the academic year for children between the age of two years and four years.
Tiger-Tots Pre-school forms part of Wigston College’s extended services; the board of governors are the registered persons for the pre-school.
We are good across all areas
Statements from our recent Ofsted report
‘Children and families are warmly welcomed into this friendly pre-school’
‘Children’s progress is good because activities and the use of resources are effectively well organised to promote their exploration and stimulate their curiosity’ ‘This has a positive impact on children’s ongoing development because the planning of activities is always sharply focused on the children’s precise learning needs’
Staff use consistent, positive reinforcement in order to promote children’s confidence and self-esteem. As a result children smile because they are proud of their achievements and behave well’
‘The outside environment is an asset to the pre-school and has a good range of resources’
‘Positive feedback demonstrates parents’ high regard for the pre-school and service offered’
30 hour entitlement
Tiger-tots Pre-school will be offering the 30 hour entitlement from the start of the summer term 2017, Leicestershire has been chosen as part of the early pilot scheme. The 30 hour entitlement will be available nationwide in the autumn term 2017.
As of Monday 20th February 2017 parents are able to contact us to check their eligibility for the 30 hours FEEE funding.
Parents will need to contact Early Learning and Childcare Service on 0116 305 5831 and ensure they have their address, national insurance number and child details to hand. Please note we are unable to check eligibility prior to the 20th February 2017.
To access their 30 hours funding from the summer term 2017, parents should be aware that you must have checked their eligibility by Friday 21st April 2017.
The eligibility criteria is:
- Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family);
- Children and families reside in Leicestershire (please note that a child living outside of Leicestershire, who has taken up a place in your provision prior to the 26th January 2017, and meet the criteria below, will still be eligible for the funding)
Both parents are working’ includes circumstances where;
- One or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, adoption, maternity or paternity leave;
- One or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay;
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring; or
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
- Each parent has a weekly minimum income equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or living wage; Parents do not necessarily need to actually work 16 hours a week, but rather their earnings must reflect at least 16 hours of work at national minimum wage (£111.20) or national living wage £120), and;
- Neither parent has an income of more than £100,000 per year.
If you are interested in booking hours at Tiger-tots using your 30 hour entitlement please contact the pre-school on 0116 2572020