Click here to meet your teacher:
Over the A Level course, you will explore:
– The Biology course is taught over 6 modules by myself and Miss Higgs.
– The six topics you will cover in biology are: practical endorsement, foundation in biology, exchange and transport, plant transport systems, animal transport systems, gas exchange systems, biodiversity and disease.
– In year 13: I teach the genetics module. Miss Higgs will cover the communication, homeostasis and energy. This includes: the nervous and hormone system, respiration photosynthesis and ecology.
Genetics: we cover how the genetics control how the body works, genetic disorders , inheritance, genetic engineering, cloning and many more interesting subjects.
At the end of the 2 years you will take 3 exams:
1. Biological processes – 37% of your overall grade (module 5)
2. Shorter exam – 25% of your overall grade.
3. Unified biology, which covers everything.